INFORMATION ABOUT US
Welcome to About Fairfield Pet Lodge. We're a family owned and operated boutique country Pet Lodge providing experienced Dog Training, Doggy Day Care, Boarding Kennels and Cattery for all your pets, with the highest level of care for their home away from home holiday experience. Located in South Auckland only 7km from Clevedon, 37km from Auckland International Airport and on a main route to the Coromandel Peninsula.
Hours: 8-10 am & 4-5 pm 7 days a week. Inspections welcome by appointment.
Peak Seasons: 20 December – 10 January and Easter weekend.
Parking: Available near Reception for Boarding Kennels & Cattery.
Our mission is to continually scan the environment in search of practices, products and services that will reduce our carbon footprint and improve our inefficiencies here at Fairfield Pet Lodge. We value our community in which we operate by regularly contributing to worthwhile causes such as our local schools and by utilising the labour force from within our local community.
Efforts so far to reduce our carbon footprint include:
- Make use of bore water & rainwater
- Replace lights with LED
- Natural products to break down dog waste
- Utilise where possible enzyme based cleaning products and reduce our reliance on harsh chemicals
- We are in the planning phase of planting a range of native trees and incorporate a mix of fruit trees
- Our ultimate goal is to progress to a stage where we can harness energy from the sun that will meet our power consumption needs. We are hopeful to be fully self-sufficient and off the grid within the next few years.
We negotiate hard with suppliers so that we can keep costs low and in turn pass those savings on to our customers. We stock several premium dry food brands and ensure that all our guests are fed top quality food. Where possible we source dry and raw foods that are produced and manufactured within New Zealand, thereby supporting New Zealand businesses.